Do you accept insurance?
Yes, if you have Out-of-Network benefits.
My office will handle the billing of your insurance coverage. Dealing with insurance companies can be overwhelming and frustrating. There are thousands of different insurance policies and many offer Out-of-Network coverage. I am not a participant in HMO insurances.
- Before we begin therapy, we discuss, by phone, the specifics of your particular insurance coverage.
- Have your insurance card, or that of your partner’s, ready.
What if I do not have insurance?
What if my plan won’t cover the cost of therapy?
I offer a reduced rate for non-insured clients. I use a sliding scale, based on your income, to determine an appropriate fee.
How does insurance work?
I am happy to speak with the insurance company on your behalf. To determine your mental health coverage, we need to check with your insurance carrier to find the answers to the following questions:
1. What are your mental health benefits? (They differ from medical coverage.)
2. What is the coverage amount per therapy session? What is the deductible?
3. How many therapy sessions does your plan cover?
4. How much does your insurance pay for an out-of-network provider?
5. Is approval required from your primary care physician?
6. Does your insurance plan require therapists to submit treatment reports?